ABC sidecar

• rjohnsongb2@outlook.com
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #549 by rjohnsongb2@outlook.com
ABC sidecar was created by rjohnsongb2@outlook.com
I have a 1921 ABC Sopwith which I have fully restored and is on the road. Included with the bike when I bought it was a complete ABC sidecar chassis. What I am looking for is a sidecar. This would be nice if it was an ABC sidecar but any 1920's sidecar of similar design would be suitable. Does anyone have one either complete or restorable they could part with?

Richard Johnson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #569 by Andrew Cox
Replied by Andrew Cox on topic ABC sidecar
Hi
I have not seen any good pictures of the ABC sidecar chassis. Do you have some that I can see ?
How does it bolt to the frame ?
Does it attach to the rear swinging arm at the ball joint ?
It would be good to see.
Kind regards Andrew

• rjohnsongb2@outlook.com
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #574 by rjohnsongb2@outlook.com
Replied by rjohnsongb2@outlook.com on topic ABC sidecar
Hello Andrew,

Sorry for my late reply but I only infrequently look at the ABC website.
The sidecar chassis I have has mounting holes and bolts which allow it to bolt directly to the bike frame using the holes provided. The sidecar axle does connect to the ball joint on the bike swinging arm. I have not as yet assembled this chassis to my bike so have no experience making the connections.

I do have some photographs with dimensions of the sidecar frame which were sent to me by Paul Button. The photographs are of my sidecar chassis. If you can let me have your email address, I will send copies to you or you can come and see my side car chassis.

Richard Johnson

More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #583 by Bradders
Replied by Bradders on topic ABC sidecar
Hello, we have a side car, ours has 2 bolts plus a clamp on the ball joint on the swinging arm. i can take some pictures that show it. 2 pictures of it in action on the weekend.
[img

[img

upload pic
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by Bradders.