Bradshaw oilcoled twin

More
2 years 7 months ago #1185 by Thomas Fritsch
Bradshaw oilcoled twin was created by Thomas Fritsch
Hello altogether, I am starting to restore an Bradshaw oil cooled twin, that was from a Zenith with 3 speed gearbox. The engine is almost complete with Carburator&Mag. Unfortunately the rest of the bike is missing, some years ago there was a rumor that the frame was in the London area. It would be great to find the missing parts.......
Is there anyone out who has such a motorbike??Or spares?
looking forward to any response Thomas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #1186 by Dabney
Replied by Dabney on topic Bradshaw oilcoled twin
Thomas,
We at Brooklands have complete Zenith Bradshaw with a Gradua belt drive, Sammy Miller also has a complete machine on display with a chain/ gearbox drive . I know we don't have any spares. A word of advice - we have had to rebuild our engine several times due to dropping valves at high revs. We now have a permanent fix to the problem; however not before it caused a lot of internal damage. Please post a picture of your engine.
best wishes on your quest
Ian

More
2 years 6 months ago #1188 by Thomas Fritsch
Replied by Thomas Fritsch on topic Bradshaw oilcoled twin
Dear Ian, sorry for my late reply's was on holiday. Now I got this engine from a guy in Scotland who had it for a long time in dismantled state. Some parts been missing, but by the time I got almost all together, some parts new made.In the past I wanted to build this very rare Zenith and there was a rumor that a guy from the vintage bike club in London has the chassis,but went mad after he learned that the engine went somewhere but not to him and he swore not to give the chassis away.....
The only running Bike (so far I know) was also in Austria, and this owner was willing to lend it to me to copy the missing parts, at this time I restored a KTT mk8 and was not quick enough, and so this Bike went to an obsessed collector.Who does not like the idea of another one around. Thank you very much Ian for your advise, when I saw the Valvetrain I just thought that it never was for high revs designed . However I build it up now so it is in one piece together and maybe I will fire it up at years changing......
all the best Thomas
Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago #1189 by Thomas Fritsch
Replied by Thomas Fritsch on topic Bradshaw oilcoled twin
Here are some more fotos..
Attachments: