many thanks

More
8 years 11 months ago #34 by keithsams
many thanks was created by keithsams
This is to thank Paul for his newsletters without them we would never have arrived at this stage and Giovanni for his wonderful website which will take us to the next level it is much appreciated also to word spell which has enabled me to write it. Regards Keith sams

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #52 by Gnome Rhone 1
Replied by Gnome Rhone 1 on topic many thanks
I'm with you Keith....many thanks to Paul and Giovanni and let's not forget David Hales for years of work gathering ABC information...great work and a fabulous thing for the future.

More
8 years 9 months ago #65 by alex
Replied by alex on topic many thanks
Hi Everyone,
I've just signed up.
Big thank you to Paul for keeping up morale.
Splendid.

More
3 years 5 months ago #999 by gioorl
Replied by gioorl on topic many thanks
A new article has been posted. This time it covers the rather unusual and unknown topic of Walter Lawson Adams. A motoring pioneer who, together with Charteris, created what we have then learned to know as the ABC company.
Roger Bird researched the life of this hidden figure through patents and articles of the time to discover his many creations and the influence he had in Bradshaw's future designs.
Quite a research and yet another piece in the puzzle of the ABC early days.

https://www.abcroadmotors.co.uk/article/37-w-l-adams-an-extraordinary-pioneer.html

Thank you Roger

More
3 years 2 months ago #1041 by Dell
Replied by Dell on topic many thanks
Hi thank you for accepting me although not previously a member my ininterest ABC's has been for many years and just recently awakened, David Hales if still involved I'm sure will remember me thanks Derek Harwood

More
3 years 2 months ago #1042 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic many thanks
Hallo Derek, As present-day Registrar I see from the Correspondence Files bequeathed me by David Hales that you have owned (at least) three Sopwiths, mostly in the 1980's.
I'd be glad to receive any news you can give me, as to the present locations of these machines.
Realising that putting such information on the website could be infringing the privacy rights of present owners, perhaps you could drop me a note at pybeat@gmail.com
A Registrar's life can be frustrating...I see machines being sold at auction, etc., but never where they go to!
I take this opportunity to wish you (and all other readers of this entry) a Much Improved New Year, if not actually a Happy one! Paul Button.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dell