Strange ABC thing spotted

More
3 months 1 week ago #1692 by Stitt
Strange ABC thing spotted was created by Stitt
Hello all, I spotted a very unusual ABC type thing when I was at Manheim Veterama last October and was wondering if anyone knows anything about it? The engine appeared to be the Gnome et Rhone version with a few modifications such as aluminium cylinder heads. The frame however was the really interesting bit, with the front and rear suspension looking very like Bradsaw's "Bi-flex" set up. The frame itself was a sort of monocoque and was fairly crude but didn't look to me like an amature Job.  I think I have attached some photos of the bike, so if anyone can shed any light on this strange beast I would be very interested.  Also any theories on its origins are very welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 1 week ago - 3 months 1 week ago #1693 by Paul
Replied by Paul on topic Strange ABC thing spotted
Hallo Harry,
               Your strange machine was featured in our Forum about a year ago, ref. #1428, under the heading Unknown ABC.
It was posted by 'Cymota', and was the subject of some degree of good-humoured banter!

Last edit: 3 months 1 week ago by Paul.

More
3 months 1 week ago #1694 by Viv
Replied by Viv on topic Strange ABC thing spotted
My strange ABC thing, ABC Bee engine from a Blackburn Beverley 
Attachments:

More
3 months 1 week ago #1695 by Batten
Replied by Batten on topic Strange ABC thing spotted
Hi Viv

A lovely looking "ABC Thing". Have you considered bringing it along to Founders Day so we can all have a closer look?